- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
ShockStop Suspension Stem +/- 6 Degree
Precio IVA incluido más 9,95 € (de envío a España)
A blessing for anyone whose hands complain on long tours - the Suspension ShockStop Stem from Redshift!
The travel of up to 2 cm absorbs most bumps on your path. Even smoothing out large potholes, cobblestones, rough gravel paths and more! Making it ideal for randonneurs, bike packers, and gravel bikers - or really just anyone looking for more comfort.
A more subtle design and lighter weight than you might think!
With just 110 g of additional weight compared to a traditional stem, the Redshift ShockStop isn’t noticeable as a suspension stem at first glance. Hardly any other damping system is this slim and low-key. This lets the ShockStop integrate well into the road bike look, without being bulky.
And yet the stiffness of the stem suspension can be individually adjusted, which for many cyclists solves the problem of tired, numb, and sleeping hands.
No loss in terms of handling!
The damping won’t stop you from biking on the edge. Your bike will continue to steer straight and when riding out of the saddle you will still get full performance on the pedals.
Adjusting the suspension stiffness:
The plastic elastomer creates and adjusts the shock absorption. This provides 5 different degrees of stiffness (all 5 are included in the box and can also be purchased separately as a pack of 5 under product code 2300526).
Two of the shocks are already pre-installed. So you can either install two very soft shocks for light suspension, or two stiff ones for very tight suspension. Of course, you can also combine soft and hard, and so on.
This let’s you adjust the suspension to your individual taste. The modifications for this are vey easy.
The removal of the shock elastomer can be done when not mounted to the bike. For the installation of the shock elastomer the stem should be mounted to the steerer tube. For the correct mounting of the ShockStop Stem and recommendations for the combination of the plastic shocks (such as the best combination for weight XY), please see the instruction manual!
• Intended use: racing, cyclo-cross gravel, hybrid, touring
• Travel of +/- 6 degrees, corresponds to approx. 2 cm at the drop bar
• 5 elastic plastic elastomers with 5 levels of stiffness (included)
• Interchangeable combinations of plastic shocks = precise adjustment
• Can be adjusted to fit body weight, intended use, and preference
• Suitable for all major road bikes, gravel bikes, hybrid bikes and more
• Material: 6061-T6 Aluminium
• Fork Steerer Ø: for threadless forks with steerer outer Ø 28.6 mm (1 1/8”)
• Handlebar clamp: Ø 31.8 mm
• Length: 90 mm to 120 mm
• Angle: ± 6° (flipflop)
• Travel for drop bars: up to 20 mm
• Travel for straight bars: up to 10 mm
• Maximum rider’s weight: 135 kg
• Weight: approx. 274 g (100 mm)
In the box:
• 1 Redshift ShockStop Suspension Stem
• 5 plastic elastomers with various degrees of stiffness (2 preinstalled + 3 additional)
• All necessary bolts
For even more comfort, you can find the ShockStop Seat Post with Suspension under product code 2300531.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Handlebar clamp in mm:
- Ø 31,8 mm