- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Deore XT goes 12 speed!
In 2019, the best-selling groupset of the Japanese component manufacturer, Deore XT, follows the example of SHIMANO’s XTR group that was already equipped with 12 sprockets back in 2018. As a high-end groupset for everyone, the XT is becoming increasingly popular.
With the Deore XT CS-M8100 12-speed cassette, SHIMANO offers a cassette with a balanced gear ratio - just like the XTR. It impresses with sprocket sizes of 10 to 51 teeth, resulting in a 510% gear ratio. This huge gear range is especially appreciated by enduro pilots, since it allows them to master steep climbs and fast sections at high speeds and adjusted pedal frequency. Those who prefer particularly small gear steps for XC and Marathon can go for the lighter 10-45 version. Here, the gaps between the gears are still small for smooth shifting. This keeps rhythm and pedalling frequency at a constant level for maximum propulsion with less effort. Optimised shifting speed without chain slap caused by larger gear steps is another advantage of the Hyperglide+ cassette at XT level. To get more space for the twelfth sprocket, SHIMANO has developed the Micro Spline freehub body that replaces the previous HG freehub.
• Hyperglide+ cassette 12-speed
• For single and double chainring setups (ATTENTION: 10-51 only for singlespeed!)
• For SHIMANO Micro Spline freehub bodies
• Compatible with SHIMANO 12-speed HG+ chains, such as SHIMANO CN-M8100 (product code: 2286358)
• The 2 largest sprockets are made of aluminium
• Material: steel, aluminium
• Aluminium spider
• Aluminium lockring included
• approx. 461 g (10-45)
• approx. 470 g (10-51)
• SHIMANO Deore XT 12-speed 10-45: 10-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32-36-40-45 teeth
• SHIMANO Deore XT 12-speed 10-51: 10-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-33-39-45-51 teeth
Only compatible with SHIMANO’s Micro Spline freehub.
- For freehub body:
- Shimano Microspline
- Manufacturer`s ref.: