- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Zipp 404 NSW™ – the wheel for all types of use. The 404 model series is a true allrounder and a real classic among Zipp’s top-of-the-range products. The US American premium manufacturer has designed the rim profile specially to meet the requirements of competition cyclists and triathletes. It provides extremely high stiffness, aerodynamics, reliability and stability. For the 2019 model year, Zipp has further refined this rim profile with regard to the AeroBalance™ aspect and has given the 404 NSW™ wheels a wider inner width, as well as tubeless compatibility. A fast a stable wheel with excellent handling, which is optimised for the combination with 25 mm wide tyres.
With the ABLC™ Dimples, the symmetric, 58 mm high rim profile of the high-end carbon rim, which is handmade in Indianapolis (USA), comes with outstanding aerodynamic qualities, along with very high crosswind stability. With the same power input, you will be faster and maybe win crucial seconds. Whether during triathlon, time trial, in sprints or during classic stage races incl. mountain stages.
What’s more, the robust Cognition hub of the Zipp 404 NSW™ Carbon Clincher rear wheel promises high reliability. The special design of the hub distributes the forces on the hub flange and reduces thus stress on the bearings. The preset cartridge bearings require no subsequent adjustment. With 17 mm axle diameter, the hub is extremely stable. The specially adapted flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle for Straightpull spokes provides maximum torsional and lateral stiffness. The Axial-Clutch™ technology reduces drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting.
• Tubeless ready – benefit from better puncture protection, less rolling resistance, more comfort and better grip in corners
• Showstopper™ technology: Rim flanges with directional grooves and silicon carbide particles for maximum braking performance in all conditions.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Thanks to the many little dimples inside the rim surface, the aerodynamic balance between windward and leeward side is optimized and crosswind stability increased.
• ImPress™ technology: Graphics are not glued, but printed – in this way, the circular dimples in the rim flange remain undisturbed in their aerodynamic function
• Special flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle for maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Spokes: 18 Sapim CX-Ray aero spokes, two-cross
• Sapim Secure Lock nipples
• Carbon rim for clinchers
• Tubeless ready
• Rim width: approx. 26,4 mm/height: approx. 58 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 19 C
• For Presta valve
• Max. tyre pressure: 8,62 bar
• Hub type: Cognition, V1
• Robust hub design that distributes the forces on the hub flange to reduce stress on the bearings
• Axial-Clutch™ technology – reduces drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting
• 4 cartridge bearings
• Sealed low-maintenance bearings – no adjustment of pretension required
• Compatible with 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM
• For rim brakes
• Hub width: 130 x 5 mm (quick-release)
• Weight: approx. 882 g
• Max. approved rider weight: 113 kg
Wheel with black decals incl. quick-release skewer, rim tape, Zipp Evo Carbon brake pads, valve extension, inner tube (700c 19-25mm) and a wheel bag.
As the wheel comes with carbon rim flanges, you must use brake pads for carbon rims only.
- Material: carbono:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/Shimano kompatibel/SRAM