- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Ready for winter. The EXTREME XCM 2 GTX MTB winter shoes by NORTHWAVE are the perfect choice for trail riding. Thanks to a full lining and a strategically positioned thermal coating on the forefoot, the shoes offer sufficient insulation on cold days.
• MTB shoes with CARBON XC 12 sole and additional full carbon insert in pedal area
• TPU inserts in strategic areas of the sole offer good abrasion resistance and traction
• Wind- and waterproof thanks to GORE-TEX KOALA membrane
• XFRAME construction with precise S.L.W.2 SYSTEM CLOSURE for precise adjustment
• Strategically positioned thermal coating on forefoot
• Abrasion-resistant rubber reinforcements along the entire upper for all-round protection
• CLIMAFLEX cuff with very elastic GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane and insulating neoprene
• Integrated heel cap
• ARCTIC GTX footbed with four-layer aluminium and fleece construction for good insulation
• 360° reflective elements
• Compatible with MTB pedal systems using cleats with SPD standard (2-bolt standard), such as: Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, CrankBrothers, CrankBrothers Race, Look MTB, Xtreme MTB, Wellgo MTB. Also suitable for indoor trainers in the gym etc.
Weight: approx. 448 g (per shoe, size 42)
Thanks to a full carbon insert in the cleat area, the CARBON XC12 sole offers great power transfer when pedalling. An additionally flexible material in the midfoot area makes this sole is also perfectly suitable for long distances. Strategically positioned TPU panels guarantee high traction and excellent wear resistance. As all materials were only used where they are needed for maximum efficiency, the sole allows for a minimalist design.
When temperatures fall and only the toughest riders are still on the road, the top models of the NORTHWAVE collection are the perfect choice. Thanks to insulating fibres, the GORE-TEX Koala membrane, that is used for the Arctic versions of certain NORTHWAVE shoes, provides optimal protection from cold and is thus also suitable for toughest weather conditions in winter. Excellently protects from rain, wind and snow while being also extremely breathable: for permanently dry and warm feet! The outer material is easy to clean, e.g. after muddy rides.
The X-FRAME closure system guides the Speed Lacing wires in a special way so that the load is evenly distributed over the entire instep. In this way, the closure system keeps your feet firmly inside the shoes and ensures efficient power transfer as well as high comfort.
S.L.W.2 SYSTEM CLOSURE:
The Speed Lace System closure provides perfect hold for the feet and is functional and quickly to use: Simply open and close the shoe with a flick of the wrist. A large dial allows for precise tensioning of the wires. The shoes can be opened at once or in steps. For gradual release, you can push the little lever at the dial and for full release, you can lift the lever.
The CLIMAFLEX collar made from soft, insulating neoprene and a highly elastic membrane feels like a sock. Therefore, it offers very good mobility and extensive weather protection as well. Without disturbing overlapping and Velcros, foot and ankle can move freely.
The core of all GORE-TEX textiles is an extremely thin, lastingly waterproof, windproof and breathable membrane. It has over 1.4 billion micropores per square centimetre. The pores of the GORE-TEX membrane are 700 times larger than a water vapour molecule so that moisture can easily escape. The volume of air that passes through one square metre of fabric in one second is 5,0 l/m²sec or less - so the membrane can be considered truly windproof. The microscopic pores are about 20 000 times smaller than a drop of water which makes the GORE-TEX membrane absolutely waterproof. The GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane comes with an upper material made from robust nylon-Lycra fabric for particularly high durability.
The four-layer aluminium and fleece construction provides particularly effective insulation and thus keeps your feet pleasantly warm. The footbed impresses with perfect insulating properties.
ROSE recommends ordering the shoes one size up.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 80182060 10
- Shoe features:
- Dials, Carbon sole