The DT Swiss ERC 1400 Spline 47 db wheels impressively show what happens when a traditional manufacturer of high-performance wheels for cycling and a renowned aerodynamics specialist with 50 years of experience in Formula 1 come together to realize a common vision. With SWISS SIDE, DT Swiss has taken a partner on board that is not only based in the direct neighbourhood, but also committed to Swiss precision. The use of state-of-the-art technologies and the innovative, technical know-how of both partners push the limits of the wheels’ aerodynamics, material properties, construction and design.
The 47 mm deep AERO+ carbon rim that has been developed with the help of elaborate, computer-aided simulations and countless wind tunnel tests is only one part of the entire aerodynamic wheel system that is optimized for use with powerful disc brakes. It is resistant to wind shears and crosswinds and rotates around the legendary 240s hub with high-quality bearings and the proven 36 SL Ratchet freehub system for maximum efficiency and excellent power transfer. A strong combination of DT Swiss aerolite® straightpull and aero comp® straightpull bladed spokes, that offers a balanced ratio of stiffness and comfort, transfers your muscle power onto the road. DT ProLock hidden aluminium nipples additionally ensure minimum air turbulences.
As the premium carbon rim offers full tubeless compatibility and an inner width of 19 mm, you are perfectly equipped for the latest trend towards high-volume tyres and modern tubeless systems. For more comfort on long endurance tours, it is recommended to use 28 mm wide road tyres. Road cyclists who want to have maximum aerodynamics and efficiency should rather go for 25 mm wide tyres.
No matter which setup you choose – the excellent handling and outstanding aerodynamics of the DT Swiss ERC 1400 Spline 47 db wheels for disc brakes guarantee riding pleasure on long tours and fast-paced races. Test the result of the extraordinary cooperation of DT Swiss and “Aerodynamics by SWISS SIDE” yourself.
• Rim material: carbon
• Rim width/height: 27 mm/ 47 mm
• For Presta valve
• Type of spokes front wheel: DT aerolite® straightpull (24 pcs)
• Type of spokes rear wheel: left: DT aerolite® straightpull; right: DT aero comp® straightpull (24 pcs)
• Spoke nipples: DT ProLock hidden aluminium
• Lacing: 2-cross
• Front hub: 2 cartridge bearings, Spline
• Rear hub: 4 cartridge beaarings, 240s, Ratchet System 36T, Spline
• For disc brakes
• Brake disc mount: CenterLock (IS 6-hole via adapter)
• Compatible with 7-/8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM
• Front axle: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Rear axle: 12 x 142 mm (thru axle)
• Suitable for tyres with a width of 23 mm - 60 mm
• ASTM classification: 2 (for use on and off the road and for drops of up to 15 cm)
• Max. system weight: 120 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ETRTO: 622 x 19 C
• Weight: approx. 1538 g (front wheel: approx. 706 g, rear wheel: approx. 832 g)
In the box: wheels, tubeless ready rim tape, tubeless valves and IS 6-hole adapters